Monday, January 5, 2015

Its 2015! January 4 to be exact the week of chickpea flour recipes

I have missed you guys. Here's what happened my dad was diagnosed with a critical illness in mid November within a week of diagnoses he was in the hospital and stayed there for 3 weeks with the swings being completely up and down. I cancelled the vacation that I was preparing to get fat on  but coming back to work it off. With all the running around, the stress, the emotions, never being home as most of my time outside of work was spent helping my mom I managed to stop working out and cooking. I put on around 15+ pounds in the one month. I actually did not eat that poorly well okay there was a lot of sugar in my diet I didn't exercise except walking because I can't go without doing that and the main thing was I didn't get enough sleep my job this year prepared me to function with little sleep but its very harsh on the body . Things are still pretty much the same my stomach was really hurting except that things haven't been swinging as much with my dad and I did get a two days of relaxation in during the holidays. My hope is that instead of not sleeping I will be able to bring myself back into a T25 routine for now that is too much for me and all I can bring myself to do is 10 minute abs from rockin' body I love Shaun T (have you seen the cover of men's health this month?). I know if I can just get into putting the dvd's in I will be able to do them the problem is you have to be home with energy this has been a problem.  I am starting to eat healthier and hopefully I will work myself up to being able to do those workouts again. I really think 2015 is going to be a better year. My spending has been a bit high lately and I want to reduce the amount of eating out. So here is my lunch for tomorrow. I will be putting this in a whole wheat tortilla and adding some salad. I am now finding that the salads that are in the deli at the grocery stores are the best ones for me as they already have the vegetables cut up so my veggies don't go bad. The one I currently have has lettuce, cucumber, grape tomato, and red and yellow peppers.
A big bag of chickpea flour was on sale for $3.99 so a lot of my recipes now will include it i find its so easy to use.
Yesterday I spent the day at my parents house and for dinner just wanted to eat something with my tea. Pakoras and chai is one of my favorite snacks at restaurants but I don't deep fry so pan fried fritters it is. Europe's best frozen spinach was on sale. I took two cubes out of the bag and put them in a bowl in the microwave for 1 and half minutes to defrost while I diced half an onion. It went in the spinach bowl with a cup of chickpea flour, a tablespoon of greek yogurt, a little bit of a red pepper pasta sauce (the jar is open and needs to be used up), added some water and mixed it up.
I put some olive oil probably 3 tablespoons in a pan and spooned out the mixture made about 5 fritters. I totally forgot the spices but it tasted really good without. I was very happy with the finished product I could only eat 3 of them but had two today and was still really good.

And for Tomorrow's lunch really the same idea but more of a chickpea flour omelette
Recipe
Put two cubes of frozen spinach in a bowl and microwave to defrost
Add half a chopped onion, a quarter diced bell pepper, and 1 TBSP plain greek yogurt
Add 3/4 cup chickpea flour
Add seasonings - I used bollywood spice, salt, pepper, and a few cilantro leaves
Mix the ingredients in the bowl while adding water until you get a consistency that is the consitancy of brownie batter
Spread batter on pan that is hot and well oiled
You can cook this like a pancake or an omellette
Either go around the edges and move all the liquid to the center or just let the batter cook and flip once there are airbublles forming. It does not take long to cook a few minutes on each side
Mine has been folded in half just like an omelette (looks like one doesn't it)

I can't wait until lunch tomorrow. 
Vegans: replace the yogurt with a tbsp of lemon juice and you will have a really awesome vegan lunch

No comments: