Saturday, January 17, 2015

January 17, 2014 - Roasted Chickpea Humous

Today I rediscovered the 10 minute trainor program I totally forgot I had this program. I did 10 minute cardio and it was a great workout today. I think I can actually motivate myself to commit to doing one 10 minute workout a day. I didn't get any other workouts in this week and my eating was okay not great I did make a few more of my lunches and ate at home more than in the last month but still ate out quite a bit. Today the cooking was done by relatives so I haven't made anything. Here is last week's humous recipe.

Roasted Chickpea Humous

See last week's recipe for Roasted chickpeas
I only had half a cup remaining so they went in the magic bullet
1 tsbp of tahini (this is sitting in my fridge - its sesame paste)
a handful of cilantro
I wish i had a lemon but I didn't add a little bit of water to cut down on the amount of oil needed
no seasoning as the roasted chickpeas are already seasoned
olive oil enough to make it creamy - my boss gave me some really expensive greek olive oil for christmas so I used this. Try and use a high quality olive oil for raw dishes as it really changes the flavour of a dish use the cheap stuff for cooking I used a little less while i was blending and added some on the top after it was done.
In the end with the cilantro it looked like a dip to me I was thinking of adding some avacado and making it a dip but the avocado I had wasn't ripe.

No comments: