Saturday, March 29, 2014

Shakeology update

Over the last few months I have been experimenting with shakeology to see if its worth buying it on a regular basis. I have finally decided the answer is yes. I pretty much stopped working out months ago because other things got in the way. I was surviving on 4 hours of sleep a night but shakeology gave me the energy to get through the day at that time I was still eating relatively healthy. Then I had oral surgery and other than shakeology, bananas, and avacado's everything else I ate was junk food pudding, icecream, pasta, cookies etc and unless you considering sleeping a form of exercise no exercise either. I still lost 5 pounds and if you have been following my blog that hasn't happened for awhile. This diet was about a month. It took me a few months to get used to shakeology I didn't drink it everyday at the beginning I didn't like the taste and texture and it felt like it wasn't agreeing with me.  I did find that the vegan versions sit a lot better in my stomach than the non vegan ones. I kept drinking it because there was no doubt that it was giving me the energy I needed. There was a few weeks where my shipment was lost and I didn't have it and I could really feel the difference in my energy level. I now drink it at least 5 times a week and I find the days I don't drink it I eat a lot more. I don't intentially not eat when I drink it I just don't feel like eating anything else. I now really enjoy the taste it feels like a treat now it took awhile to get to that point I guess it was all part of the detox process. The tropical strawberry is the best taste, chocolate second, and I don't like the vanilla and haven't tried the greenberry.  I now replace my workday breakfast or lunches with shakeology. Its easy I take a blender bottle to work and shake it and have lunch. It prevents me from eating out and I don't need to buy groceries or think what am I going to have for lunch today. I have not given up Starbucks but that is more of a social thing and I am sure I could go without it now if I wanted to but I enjoy my one latte a day. Althought the price of shakeology seems high at first the amount of money I have saved on not buying junk food or even vegetables that end up going bad it pays for itself.  I am not a coach yet so I don't get a discount unless I get it on sale its still about $5 a serving but it replaced at least a $5 junk food or lunch item and relieves the stress of making lunches and I am sure future medications. The days I am going out  socially I intentially don't have a shake because then I would be eating nothing in the restaurant and that would be awkward. There is one other side effect that I have noticed my hair grows like crazy and it sometimes it looks like I styled it when I haven't done anything. The negative part of this is my unwanted body hair also grows like crazy. Just tells me the nutrients are working. I know a lot of people think why not just drink a cheaper protein shake but if you look at my previous posts garden of life was a very good shake but my energy levels didn't increase the way they do with shakeology and the benefits were not the same. These are the results I had I did do a lot of research before buying my first package and was very hesitant to start drinking something that could potentially be discontinued at some point. For now it works I like it so I will continue drinking it. My next experiment will be the difference between results from beachbody workouts without shakeology and beachbody workouts with shakeology. Future posts and hopefully results to come. 

No comments: