Monday, May 23, 2016

Life update - should I continue with this blog?

A friend of mine is ecouraging me to continue this blog. It has been over a year since my last post so this leads me to analyze why I stopped writing this one. I let life get in the way of my weight loss journey. My dad was diagnosed with leukaemia and a heart condition within a week of each other, then it was a stressful year of being in and out of hospital then hospice until he finally passed away. I was fortunate as I had an understanding employer but I still had to get the work done even though I didn't have to be in the office full time. I would usually go to the hospital in the morning then go to work or work at home in the evening this with the stress and not sleeping wasn't the best combination. I should have never stopped working out or eating right but I was emotionally and physically drained all the time, I didn't have the energy to continue. I never stopped walking because that is something I love to do but I did inherit a car so now I had options where before I was forced to walk.  It has been almost a year now since my dad passed away and I am finally getting back on track. I put on at least 20 pounds probably 30 in that one year. In addition I had extremely low iron and got diagnosed with hypo thyroid. I went on synthroid and for the first few months this also made me exhausted and I never felt well. Until I realized that I was drinking shakeology for breakfast and it is high in iron it was conflicting with the thyroid medication. Thyroid and iron shouldn't be taken together. I was taking the iron at night and the synthroid in the morning. Things got better once I stopped drinking shakeology for breakfast but that leads me to my new problem what do I eat for breakfast and when do I drink shakeology. I would really love to drink shake as my 3pm snack as this is my craving time at work. The problem is shakeology unblended isn't very good and in my work place I can't make the noise of a blender. I know in the past I used to use the shakeology bottle and it would be okay I use that as my water bottle now. There was a time I tried having shakelogy for dinner I get home late and thought that was a good idea but I tend not to be consistent with it that way there is always something else I want to eat at dinner. I have lost almost 10 of those extra pounds I put on in the last year now but I am stuck and having trouble staying consistant with the workouts or the eating right. This blog did help me stay on track in the past. The other update is my dvd player broke so there was no more putting my beachbody dvd's in that. The good news is beachbody on demand came out which is something I love there are so many options for workouts there. I can choose a different one each day and not run out of a different workout for a year. The problem with this is I am a procrastinator so first I have to turn on my computer to get to beachbody on demand. This leads me to look at other things on the internet. If I get past that point I then have to chose which workout I want to do if the workout of the day is more than 30 minutes I have to go through the whole library of free workouts and decide which one. By this time the hour I set aside for working out is long gone and some days that leads to not doing any some days it leads to a very short workout. I never regret the workouts after they are done but I have trouble getting there. So far i have done a few turbo fire and turbo jam workouts they are really fun. I have tried cize and 22 minute hard corps when it was the workout of the day to my suprise I loved 22 minute hard corps and didn't like cize. Even though I am a wimp and would think I would prefer a dance workout to a military training bootcamp it was the opposite.  I don't really want to buy any new workouts since I have so many options already but those purchases used to help me stick with a workout at least enough to get my money's worth I may have to purchase 22 minute hard corps waiting for a few more trial workouts. I still love T25 and it is loaded in my beachbody on demand library so it is one of my many options every day. Anyways if only I could stop procrastinating and get back to the point where i was addicted to doing a workout everyday I know I could lose more weight. I still have a long way to go to get back into shape. Oh yeah that other problem I am always out of breath before I could run for the bus and be fine now I can't speed walk without being out of breath I am not sure which of my problems this is from maybe its from all the extra fat.  Right now I am consitentally at getting a workout out done three days a week and excuses for the other four days am hoping to get consistent at at least five days a week. When my friend suggested I continue with this blog I asked if she liked it she said she liked the recipes and then I had another excuse not to I haven't cooked for awhile. I will leave you with yesterday's breakfast (really brunch that's why its so big), and let me know do you want to see more posts on this blog?
Veggie Omelette
my cooking has been limited lately I took the cooked mushrooms, onions, and sweet potatoes from my mom's house. I added that to a pan with ghee (clarified butter) I was originally going to make a hash but decided later to make an omelette that's why the pan isn't meant for omelette's. I put two eggs in my magic bullet with a little bit of cream so they got whipped and then poured it over the veggies. Then I made the mistake of trying to flip it otherwise it would have looked kind of like a pancake omelette. I should have just folded it over and let it cook. Instead I ended up with a scrambled egg no worries only impressing myself put a little avacado fan over the top and myself was impressed.
Recipe
      make someone else give you cooked veggies :-)
      saute the  cooked veggies in a pan
      whip two eggs, sesoning (salt, pepper, whatever you like)  and a bit of cream (or water)
      mix by hand or a blender whatever is easiest I used a magic bullet
      Pour over veggies and turn down the heat let omelette cook
      gently move eggs in so the liquid cooks
      when omelette is half cooked add some cheese if you like and fold over
      Let it cook for another minute or so until it is ready to eat
 
   
   






No comments: