Thursday, March 6, 2014

March 6, 2014 - Sweet Potato Soup

Some posts to come about where I have been lately. I just made this soup and want to get the recipe out before I forget its pretty awesome. I am recovering from oral surgery right now and haven't been up to cooking or eating much lately but I bought the sweet potatoes prior and didn't want to waste them. I have never used boxed vegetable broth before as I usually make my own but I bought the broth when I knew I was going to be on a liquid non-spicy diet and never felt like eating soup while I was on a liquid diet. This soup is so simple and really tastes great. I was originally going to put some sour cream in it but decided its really good on its own.

Sweet Potato Soup (2 servings)
1 sweet onion
3 sweet potatoes
1 cup vegetable broth
1 piece of ginger
some water

Really that's all that went into this.

 cook the onions first then add the sweet potato. I was cutting the sweet potato while the onions were cooking and didn't finish them all at the same time. It would be better to cut the potatoes first.
 Definitely will be using this vegetable broth again. After adding the sweet potato add 3/4 cup of vegetable broth.
 let cook on medium heat stir every few minutes.  I used the back of a wooden spoon to mash the potatoes while they were cooking.  When it looks like this around 20 minutes add the ginger and let it sit.
15 minutes later it looks like this. You can also eat this like this as a side still tastes good.
 I bought a new magic bullet when I found I could get a blender attachment with it. This is the first time I have used this. Love it. I added the rest of the broth and some water before blending.
 Then it looks like this so creamy and no cream
I added more some water to get the remainder out of the blender and its more soup like but will probably thicken up again.
That's all enjoy. 

No comments: