Monday, June 27, 2016

June 27, 2016 Update

This is life I went on vacation in the US. I was only away for one night and five meals of eating out later. I felt pretty bad when I came back still on vacation while I was at home I spent half of it sleeping I barely had energy to get out of bed. At the same time my six month blood test was due so I went and got that done. Got called to the dr and pretty much like a tv show in a more professional manner told me to go on a diet and come back in a year. There was a big change in my cholesterol numbers not for the good. The explanation for why I have been extremely tired is my iron levels lowered almost back to the pre iron pill days. I had switched brands of iron pills so back to the old brand. I do think the reason for the change was 6 months ago I was drinking shakeology daily and I have barely drank it lately. I drank it the last 4 days and I do feel better. Not to the capacity where i have the energy to do more than get through the day but still better than I was feeling. Came back from the dr with a slightly higher dose of thyroid medication as well. Since the vacation I haven't really cooked or done a beachbody workout. I am hoping that I will get some energy and some motivation soon I really do want to lose the weight before my next vacation. This past week has been the week I have been dreading the most since my dad died the first anniversary. The initial stages there are so many people around and I was in a daze there was so much to do and keep occupied with there was no time to feel bad. The first anniversary however is the time when all the work is done and the only people that understand this are people that have been through it themselves I spent a lot of time reading people's stories on google during my commute. It is also the omg its been one year and I haven't lost the weight I gained since my dad initially got sick. My family doesn't talk about that kind of thing and the only mention of it really came from a reminder facebook post that I had posted a year ago but I did get a reminder of how I haven't lost the weight thanks mom. I couldn't get the day off work and had to attend a really important conference I kind of spent the bus ride being sad and composing myself to get through the day with the hope I could go home and be myself after work. No luck there my kidnapper (that is what I call my best friend) and sister decided that I needed to run errands that night with no choice. I am sure a bit of it was a cover just not to leave me alone as they were there with me through everything last year but nothing was said so by the time I did get home it was 11pm and I was wiped emotionally and physically. Now that the day has gone I really know that it is time for me to commit to getting fit but I am not really sure why I am still procrastinating.  I have walked a lot in the last few days but still haven't done a beachbody workout. At the same time one of my friends from when I was a kid that I am not intouch with anymore posted a picture of herself with abs on facebook she said that was her goal after having two kids. She was always skinny but this was like movie star abs I asked her how she did it she said beachbody workouts and eating lots of protein and just treating food as fuel for your body she says she doesn't look like that anymore but tries to be healthy now. I have no desire to look like that but I definitely feel like a lazy bumb comparing to that. I just want to lose 10-15 pounds and send my muffin top on a one way journey. I have been trying to read up on thyroid diets since that is an issue that is affecting me but so far I have come up with a bunch of foods that I can't eat and if I cut those out of my diet i am not really sure what I would be left with to eat. Since i haven't cooked lately here is the kind of meal I was eating at home on my vacation keep in mind this was a vacation diet not my regular one salad was still courtesty of subway which these days I eat a lot of subway salads. I ate the fries at the same time as the other plate. This is an english muffin, with an egg fried in ghee (clarified butter), tomoto, avocado, salad and hummous for dressing, the fries are frozen frites from costco sea salt and black pepper.





No comments: