Tuesday, March 24, 2015

March 24, 2015 - Cauliflower and Paneer Curry

Reality hit this weekend when I went on a shopping therapy trip and came back totally discouraged as nothing fit. I did just get les mills combat I tried it out yesterday and really liked the workout hopefully it will at least me motivation for me to workout. I made this cauliflower and paneer curry at my parents house so I had a bigger kitchen but had to use what I could find in my parents house. They don't eat too much spice it turned out good but it would have been much better with a chili added in.
first I tried roasting the cauliflower in the toaster oven then I got impatient and put them in the grill pan. I also used the grill pan to sear the panneer. Cut into pieces and place in pan on medium heat until grill mark's appear. 
I couldn't find an onion but I really wish I had one. Blend a few cloves of garlic, a piece of ginger and
an onion. I used my mom's nutribullet.
 add some tomatoes to the mixture

 add some oil to the pot you will be cooking in. Leave on low heat if you are using whole spices add these and let them pop. add the ground spices towards the end. My first batch burned as I was too slow. Use any indian spices you like. Garam masala and tumeric was all I could find in the house. add the mixture you made above to the pan and leave on low medium heat stir frequently so it doesn't burn while you prepare the cauliflower mixture.
My cauliflower had been sitting in my fridge for a bit it didn't have the best flavour so I blended it with a bit of almond milk to try and make a cream like sauce. Substitute the paneer with tofu and you have a vegan dish.

Add cilantro to the mixture, I had to add a bit of water as well this is the nutribullet in action its very powerful. turn the heat on your pot to medium high and add this mixture and stir.
Add the paneer to the pot and let the mixture boil. Then turn the heat off and enjoy.


No comments: