Sunday, May 29, 2016

May 29,2016 Cashew Nut Dressing

I have decided to try and continue this blog as my friend told me she wants me to. It makes me at least make something each week so I can post a recipe here. This week I did do a few more workouts than in  the past. I did hammer and chisel one day last week and I loved it because it is like playing a game of simon says. Your brain is thinking about something else the whole time and you kind of forget that you are doing a hard workout. I did brazilian butt lift another day and found it really boring. I only did 5 beachbody workouts this week and some were 10 minutes or less but it is better than the three I was doing in the past. I skipped workouts on thursday and friday my stomach has been hurting and that was prevening me from sleeping. Things are better today. Yes excuses excuses. In that spirit I have a grandfathered gym membership which is why I haven't cancelled it yet but I haven't been to the gym for months. Today I went to decide if I should keep it or I should cancel it. There is equipment at my gym that i haven't found anywhere else that I really like and another reason I go to the gym is there is a lot of eye candy there. I have never really met anyone at the gym but I like to look. I went to a party yesterday and the girls there were saying they like the social experience of the gym meeting their friends etc I don't know anyone that goes to my gym and it is intimidating to try and make friends there.   Today I found the gym extremely boring I have never been on a sunday afternoon before. I felt that when I do beachbody workouts those trainors are yelling at me to keep going even if its through the computer or as Shaun T says he can see me ahhh. I felt alone at the gym which normally I like but felt like even though I did a circuit to start I didn't give it my all. I still like that equipment. It was okay but I think beachbody on demand is my favorite. For the gym first I have to get dressed, then I have to drive there and I don't like driving and today I had trouble finding parking, then I have to touch other people's sweat and wait for machines, and other people look at me but I am doing the same back. There are a lot of younger people at my gym and there is a definately that old high school feel sometimes where everyone is competitive with each other without actually talking to them. In the end I updated my credit card before I started and they messed up my payment so I won't get the credit for another month so essetiantly I have paid for two more months of the gym. The experiment will continue is it better if I go on another day of the week. I may just love beachbody on demand to much I workout in my house, in my pajamas.  I haven't really lost any weight in pounds this week but there is a slight change in my body shape. My diet could have been better and I know what I will work on I haven't been drinking shakeology and I got another box I thought I had stopped my shipment but I guess not I will have to figure out when to drink it. On that note I have been seeing a lot of vegan cashew nut ranch dressing recipes lately so of course I started with that and made something completely different. My local nut store sells fresh nuts and today they had roasted lime and saffron cashews so that is what I started with. I believe they dry roast the nuts and only use fresh spices on them but I have not asked them to confirm this yet so I am not certain. They do the roasting in the back of the store so maybe next time I see the owner I will ask him. I was only doing a test run so I just made a small batch but turned out to be a lot. One of my lazy things to do now is go to subway and get a salad with dressing on the side this salad last me a few days as I eat it with other things. This dressing went really nicely with that salad it was a lat night snack but I felt it was indulging even though it wasn't.

Soak nuts in water for an hour (I used a handful of nuts and a quarter cup of water)
Add lemon (I used organic lemon so there is a lot of juice and seeds (don't add those)
Add spices use what you like as my nuts were already seasoned I added pepper, chili salt, and fresh cilantro.
If i had some chives, garlic or onion powder that would have been a good addition.
Mix in your blender
I found that mixture was too watery so I added half an avacado
The result is this nice creamy dressing which tasted great.







No comments: