Sunday, November 17, 2013

November 17, 2013





Since I haven't really been on track lately I decided it is time I get some new tools to help me. I finally got a deal on shakeology I am going to be able to try it out for 30 days without being committed to it. I have been using garden of life protein powder for around a year now and I really want to see if the 3 times the cost is worth it for shakeology. I also ordered the next stage for T25 gamma. I should have these things by next week and I really can't wait to try them out. I have now decided that my workout time for the winter will be as soon as I get home. I am hoping that once I get gamma I will be able to stick with a 30 day program which will be perfect timing to be prepared for the holidays.

Eggplant fries I had these in Vegas and wanted to re-create a similar dish to see if I like it as much without it being deep fried. This isn't the healthiest recipe my plan was to see if I like the fattening version and then work on making it healthier. I compared pan frying vs baking and both are really good. The pan fried got more of a smoky flavour to them and I did prefer it. I think for a healthier easier dish I would stick with eggplant pizza or eggplant baked pizza just as good and less work.

Eggplant Fries

flour, egg, breadcrumbs


baked

pan fried

1 eggplant cut into even slices

In 3 seperate containers put 
1. flour
2. 1 egg and 1 tbsp buttermilk
3. 1 cup breadcrumbs (the ones I used were seasoned) , and 3/4 cups parmesan cheese

dip eggplant in flour, then egg, then crumbs be sure to keep dry ingredients dry
repeat  until all the eggplant is coated

bake: 375 for 25 minutes turn once at 15 minutes

pan fry: heat 1tbsp olive oil in pan be sure not to crowd may have to do two batches
lay eggplant flat approximately 5 minutes on each side

No comments: