Saturday, October 26, 2013

October 26, 2013

I made some really tasty healthy no bake desserts a few weeks ago but have forgotten the recipes now. Just made the no bake pumpkin loaf thought I better post while its still cooling. I will try to recreate the other ones at some point the date fudge was amazing.

No Bake Pumpkin Loaf

I love pumpkin spice type things oh Starbucks but I haven't had any real pumpkin since elementary school. I remember loving pumpkin seeds back then I am not really sure why I haven't used pumpkin since. I have seen so many recipes using canned pumpkin lately I just had to buy a can. Definitely will be buying again. I still have half a can left so will have to make something else.

I used a half teaspoon of butter to toast the oats feel free to omit or use coconut oil instead

toast half a cup oats in a pan
in a blender mix 10 dates, 10 walnuts, 2 tbsp of peanut butter, 1 tbsp of water, cinnamon, 1 tsp vanilla, 1tsp of maple syrup or honey (i used vanilla infused maple syrup)
and mixture to pan with half a cup of canned 100% pumpkin and
2 tbsp of cocoa
cook while stirring 2-3 minutes
Let cool

I just formed it into a log shape and poked a face in it. Its really forgiving you can form any shape or creature you want.

a little halloween fun




No comments: