Tuesday, November 20, 2012

November 20, 2012

4 pounds down and as long as the scale keeps dropping I am happy. I am starting to see a big change in inches. Although 4 pounds may not seem like a lot I have been going to the gym at least 2 times a week for the past year and a half and this is the lowest weight I have been so far. I expect to see the scale go down more.

The big changes this week are I kept with the 1000 calorie extra day per week. It happened that I had someone to go out for lunch with every weekend for the past few weeks. Although I went all out during those meals a lot of pasta with cream sauce, bread, maybe dessert maybe a mocha or a hot chocolate. What I didn't do or feel like doing was having bad snacks outside of the meals.

The rest of the week I tried to stick with eating more fruit and veg. Did I cheat? of course but being aware of it made a difference helped to cut back on portion sizes.

My go to dessert is now the magic bullet frozen banana dessert recipe I posted earlier but it has been enhanced, the food prep center made such a difference in texture. I now add less soy milk and more fruit. So far have had it with mandarin orange and strawberries. Same recipe just added additional fruit.

Kale chips are another favorite I have discovered recently. Fresh Kale seems to last a couple of weeks so I make this as I feel like eating it.

Kale Chips

Wash and dry a few Kale leaves
Tear into pieces
add spices of choice (I add curry spices) - note Kale is naturally salty limit the salt
Bake in toaster oven for  approximately 10 minutes at 350
stir and remove cooked pieces occasionally

Once cooked sprinkle with vinegar for a salt and vinegar chip

No comments: