Sunday, November 25, 2012

November 25

One more pound down. I enjoyed my 5 pound lost reward. Trying to think of what I can reward myself with for the next 5. Not much has changed this week I have been slacking a little but sort of getting in a habit eating bigger nutritious meals and less processed snacks. If I do go out I do end up not eating the whole thing for example taco's eat half the shell, or pizza half the crust etc. This seems to work I get what I want but save on calories.  Today was use up all the veggies in my fridge day. I made black bean and veggie soup, a sauce, kale chips, and the sweet potatoes are cooking right now. That should keep me full for the next few days.


I started out making a hot sauce from Chatelaine magazine but then threw in some more things that needed to be used up. It ended up being a tasty sauce.

Sauce

1 cup vinegar
1 cup water
2 serrano peppers
1 carrot
1 red onion
1 bunch cilantro
10 cherry tomatoes
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar

Boil all the ingredients together. Puree with hand blender.



I like to cook soups in the rice cooker as it keeps all the flavour in. My intention wasn't to puree the soup I was testing out the hand blender and it worked pretty fast.

No comments: