Saturday, December 22, 2012

December 22, 2012

Holiday Eating

Two weeks ago I was going to write about how well I was doing avoiding holiday eating and my breakfast smoothies. I was going to talk about how well I was doing staying on track during the holiday season and even managing to lease another pound. Why did that post never happen?

I am going to call it forced holiday eating. People baking for me what am I supposed to do refuse a homemade thoughtful gift so I binged instead. You can't share at this time of year because everyone is feeling the same way uh no more. I tried to get out out of some holiday eating parties but some were forced rescheduled well I feel pressured to attend. This year I can't figure out how to  avoid these things. Of course I see those things in the magazines saying only eat this and that at parties. All the events I have had to go to are set menu's and being vegetarian I am already going off a special menu. I really don't want to be more of a bother than I already am so I eat. My body is really paying for  it feel like I have the flu but I know its from eating too much holiday food my stomach is so bloated. So being so tired haven't really worked out very much. The weather and exhaustion I haven't gone to the gym once this week so no weigh in but I will guess that I have put on some weight. I really feel unhealthy and there is still a week to go. I have given in but I am looking forward to the new year. At least in the new year people are trying to eat healthy and there is more support and no pressure. I may have to try a detox.

I usually go away in December and usually miss at least some of this holiday eating. The only way I can think of avoiding this is next year escape for all of December. If I am on a beach somewhere no one can force me to eat holiday food. 

No comments: