Sunday, December 9, 2012

December 9, 2012

One more pound down (Its more on the scale but I can't believe it so I'll just say one) At the beginning of the week when the scale went down I was double checking to make sure it wasn't broken as I hadn't really been doing anything other than walking at lunch. I get out during breaks but and find I need my lunch break to eat. I will be trying to take lunches that I can walk and eat. This week I was busy so I really only ate soups (either pc blue menu the kind with beans and vegetarian sandwiches (ie quiznos and subway) and my mom's cooking thanks mom.

A co-worker tried out the Dr.Oz 3 day smoothie detox. I was really curious to see if she would make it through the 3 days. I know I wouldn't and if I did day 4 would be binge eating and just cancel out the effect. She was all excited saying she made all the smoothies so she would have no choice to stick to it. She lasted a day and a half and then wanted real food so she gave up with a coffee and toast. She felt good the first day and the energy dropped the second. Now I know I don't need to try this one.

This week I had my first personal training session. This was on insistence and pretty much kidnapping by my brother. My brother is a die hard fan of Innovative Fitness and they only do personal training. Since this was the first time it mostly involved an assessment which were basic exercises. They also did a lot of stretching as in they stretched me a lot. The workout portion wasn't too difficult 3 minutes fast walk on the treadmill, and some other exercises I don't know the name of basic gym exercises that do not involve wieghts, there were push ups involved and since that is the one thing I am terrible at after seeing how terrible I was at them the next round was modified so I was doing standing pushups using a bar I liked it a lot better. I found the workout too easy but the trainor did say that they don't just throw people into things. I did like getting the information about the different moves but I am not sure that training is for me. I can see how it would work though. I went to the gym after because the workout was too easy but today I am sore, I think its the muscles that were stretched not muscles that I usually use.

The wheat belly diet came up this week again. The principle is that today's commercially grown wheat is not what our ancestors ate its a fast growing wheat that also makes your stomach grow fast. I saw this article in a magazine last year and tried it out just out of curiosity and it works. I will explain my reactions to wheat and other grains later. The reason I gave up the gluten free diet was I found I was eating a lot of gluten free products that were making me feel worse. Now I have found that I missed a step and the diet recommends not eating gluten free products and limiting other grains. Okay this makes a lot more sense I may try this in the future. For now I am sticking to reducing my processed food intake which means eating more vegetables and this diet has some great recipes.

Cauliflower Pizza Crust. Wow I can't believe cauliflower can turn into this. I don't even like cauliflower but I ate the entire thing.  The crust was slightly more delicate than regular thin crust pizza but so much better for you. I made the crust a day ahead as I was going to add some good toppings. Then I got busy and just added frozen vegetables and the cheese I had which was cheddar and parmesan. It was really good. Next time I will try adding chickpea flour to see if it makes a stronger crust.

1 head of cauliflower
cut into florets steam for 10 minutes let cool (most of the recipes say chop first then microwave for 7 mins)
pulse in a quick chopper (you want small pieces) 
add spices of your choice
1 egg
and a quarter cup of parmesan cheese
spread on a cookie sheet in a thin layer or shape into whatever you want 
and bake for 20 mins then broil for 5

the small one was the freshest
after steaming
in the steamer basket of the rice cooker
put the chopper on low and pulsed was done in 30 secs
on the pan 
had a little left over to play with shapes 


cooked
after cooking flipped over 
pizza i forgot to take a pic after cooking

No comments: