Monday, July 1, 2013

Happy Canada Day I return

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I did go off track while not writing. I was sent away for work stayed in a hotel room with no kitchen for a month. I actually did pretty well with losing a few pounds even with eating out every day. I did have my workout videos with me but usually I would just take naps. Getting enough sleep is really important. The problem has been being back home I just can't back into my routine. Definitely no time for naps man I miss having my meals made for me and housekeeping, and walking to work.

I started to feel some of the health issues I experienced prior to discovering beachbody workouts and trying to eat right. The workout videos were still in my suitcase prior to this weekend. I did go to the gym a few times and I do walk outside a lot. It wasn't enough especially the way I feel after those workouts they are fun and a great stress relief. I do still drink garden of life protein shake but I am only drinking a scoop once or twice a week right now. Sometimes if I am too lazy to make dinner I'll just drink that.

So the workout I have been waiting for months now finally came out. Shaun T's - T25. For those of you that know me you know that I am in love with mr. abs. Although I have only done hip hop abs and rockin' body. I don't think I will ever do insanity but I have inspired others to do it. T25 is the workout for me 25 minutes 5 days a week. I hate long workouts I just want to go fast and get  it done I don't like taking breaks cause its hard for me to start up again. This seems like the perfect workout for me. I just ordered it and have to wait another week for it to be shipped.

So this week and I started 3 days ago I am committed to doing one 25 minute workout each day. Rockin' body has a 25 minute party express which I did twice but then my muscles hurt. I then did two ten minute trainor workouts (2 ten minute workouts plus 5 minutes warm-up/cool down). I am hoping tomorrow I can be one of those people that wakes up at  5 am and gets the workout done. This is not me I am a night person but I would love to stay committed to working out in the morning we will see how it goes.

Its the middle of a heat wave and I am in an apartment that is always super hot in July. I am going to need morning showers regardless of working out so hopefully I can get it done.

I have a lot of food posts to catch up on and I will try. Most of the summer I just eat simple salads or eggs so there won't be too much on the food part. A hot apartment doesn't mix with a hot stove. For now here are a few canada day things I prepared while being super lazy. Pictures to come.

Watermelon and Feta salad


Strawberries for freezing



strawberry and lime smoothie


No comments: