Monday, July 15, 2013

July 15 -T25

The program I have been waiting months for is finally here.

So far I have only seen reviews of people that have done insanity. So here is a review from someone who has no desire to do insane workouts and I am not a coach. I am a huge beachbody fan though. The idea of this program is its 25 minutes a day 5 days a week. Well that's how it was marketed. In reality its 25 minutes + a 3 minute cool down. Friday is 2 workouts but you can choose to do the 2 second workout on saturday and sunday is a stretching workout. So essentially in my case its a 7 day a week workout.

Part 1 is alpha its 5 weeks getting your body ready for part 2. Part 2 is beta and as far as I can tell its more strength training that's when the resistance band or weights come out. For the first 5 weeks the only equipment is a mat.

I really like that they have this on 11 dvd's with the diet book, and calendar all nicely package in smaller than book size packages. They really want you to take this with you everywhere and not miss a day.

I actually like the diet as there are a lot of vegan options this time. Usually I find I can't follow diets because of the lack of vegetarian consideration. I am not into diets.  This one is all about clean eating which I am a fan of. Its all about making things quick you have to have your quinoa, lentils, and brown rice pre-cooked then there are recipes to use those ingredients with. I am not following the diet as I am set in my eating. Chocolate is now on the list of super-foods so my addiction is justified. I will try some of the recipes though future blog posts to come.

They have included the workout calendar with boxes of if you nailed the workout or barely made it each day. It was nice to check off nailed it this morning. They also have STATurday on the calendear so you can keep track of your progress each week. We will see if there are any results at the end of the week. Its only day 1 but if it stays like this I can do this. I enjoyed it I kind of thought it was like zumba without any dancing its mostly the boring gym moves but its Shaun T flair so I didn't get bored.  Day 1 is cardio. The only thing I found that I didn't like is there is no warm-up and a lot of jumping at some points I had to do the modified workouts because of this. Other than that I actually found rockin' body harder. You are only doing each move for about a minute so I didn't feel I got worn out or tired and if I did there was the modified moves for almost everything. I really enjoyed day 1 thought it was fun. I was actually scared I wasn't going to be able to do this one but it was no problem. I am looking forward to day 2 have a feeling it is going to get harder, kind of like the first day of school.

No comments: