Sunday, April 27, 2014

April 27

Just came back from vacation ate too much didn't work out and the belly is showing it. I received 21 day fix in the mail. I really have no excuse not to do it anymore I am healthy, have more spare time than before with my job change, and I am motivated to get in better shape. I am sure I can come up with an excuse not to do it but I really shouldn't have any. 21 days fix containers are smaller than I expected but it seems like a decent amount of food per day just the right portions and not a lot of filler foods. The program is all about portion control and eating foods in the right portions plus a 30 minute workout everyday I haven't tried it yet but from the reviews I have read the workouts are less intense than T25 but great. This program is a little complicated at first it comes with colour coded containers. Green is for vegetables I get 4 of those a day, purple for fruit I get 3 a day but my banana will be 2, red it for protein 4 a day shakeology counts as protein, yellow for grains, 3 per day and 3 times a week can sub one for a treat, wine, or juice, blue is for good fats nuts, avocado, orange is for dressing and seeds, and a teaspoon 4 a day haven't really figured out the small containers yet. Tea and coffee is allowed but only with a little non fat milk and soy milk is considered a treat so I should be giving up my latte a day but I will just go to the smallest portion I can just not ready to give it up yet. The program allows cheats and things like 1 waffle or a small tortilla are a yellow container. It gives you the container equivalent if you are going to be eating out. So let's see if I can stick to this one for the next 21 days. For more information about this program go to http://www.beachbodycoach.com/isha21


Today's lunch gluten free pasta, tofu stir fry, and a bit of cheese
1 yellow, 1 red, 1 green, one teaspoon - it was actually a lot




 I started today so far I I have done pretty well. Shakeology for breakfast - 1 red, a small banana - 1 purple.
cut tofu into cubes this will make 4 servings

this is the next best to my homemade everything is fresh in it

let tofu sit in the salsa while you prepare other ingredients

chop half an onion and 10 mushrooms then saute

after tofu, onions, and mushrooms are almost cooked add frozen veggies 2 green containers 
Add 2 green containers of kale

Tofu stirfry serve with pasta or rice I used a gluten free pasta

No comments: